Sometimes you may need to relocate Tradebox from one PC to another. This shouldn't be confused with networking Tradebox which entails sharing the database between 2 or more PC's. Instructions on networking Tradebox can be found here. These instructions are simply to move Tradebox from one PC to another PC. After following these instructions to get Tradebox installed on your new PC, it's recommended to uninstall Tradebox from the original PC in order to prevent duplication occurring in Sage.
- In Tradebox, on the original PC, select Back Up from the Maintenance menu. It is recommended that you do a full back up. You'll need a way to get that backup file off the old PC and onto the new; USB stick, shared network drive, Dropbox, or similar.
- Ensure Sage Accounts is installed on the new PC and that it can open the Sage company/companies that you use Tradebox to post into.
- In Sage ensure 3rd Party integration has been enabled.
- Download Finance Manager here: https://media.graphcms.com/CIfqq4knRZOSKAarVHmY and run the file once downloaded, following the instructions through the set up wizard.
- When the installation wizard has finished, launch Tradebox - the installer has an option to launch the program straight away. If you're doing this later, search your Start menu for Tradebox Finance Manager.
- On first launch, Tradebox will ask which version of Sage you're using. Choose Sage 50.
- Tradebox may detect you need a Microsoft C# element to be installed. Follow the onscreen instructions to run that installer.
- Tradebox will now open as a blank trial version. You'll see a message that the licence is due to expire in 14 days, this is completely normal and the licence will be updated in the next step.
- Restore the Tradebox backup in Tradebox by selecting the Restore option from the Maintenance menu.
- In Tradebox go to the Sales Channel List
- Choose the Change Sage Company button from the bottom of the screen
- In the screen generated ensure the connection is pointing at the correct Sage company and that you provide the correct Sage username and password that was previously created in Sage for Tradebox.
If you can't remember the login you set up, open Sage and sign in as the Manager logon. Go to Settings > Acccess Rights to view details of all Sage logins, and choose Edit to view the passwords if required.
- Tick the "Apply to all Sales Channels" box (if applicable) and choose OK.
Note - If you have different channels posting to different Sage companies, open each channel in turn and click on Sage Installation > Change Sage Company to log in channel-by-channel.
- If you use any of the connections in Tradebox feed from local folders (such as Amazon, Linnworks or bespoke CSV connections) you will need to create Input, Output (and for Amazon, Shipped) folders on the new PC/Network and ensure that each relevant connection is pointing at the IN and OUT folders. These are stored in the Sales Channel details; double click each sales channel and use the [...] button to browse to the new folders. Once you've done this for all channels, close and reopen Tradebox.