A common error that can occur when using Tradebox is a Sage username logon conflict. This generates the following error:
Unable to commence download for Sales Channel XXXXXXXX for the following reason: Cannot connect to Sage Accounts as the supplied logon name (xxxxxxxx) is in use.
When setting up a connection in Tradebox you need to provide the connection with an existing Sage username. We recommend creating a username in Sage exclusively for use by the Tradebox program. This doesn’t count against your user allocation in Sage. Do not provide Tradebox with the Manager username as this will inevitably lead to the above conflict.
To log the user out of Sage
The conflict arises when the Sage username being utilised by Tradebox is logged into Sage. The same username cannot be logged into Sage more than once, hence the conflict. Sometimes the username may not be logged in to Sage but Sage believes it is, so the conflict still arises. This can occur after Sage has crashed or the program was not shut down properly.
- Simply log into Sage using the username in question. This should generate a prompt asking you to remove the user as they are already logged in. Once you're in, go to File > Log Off.
- Alternatively, you can log in to Sage as the Manager logon. Go to View > User List. Highlight the problem user in the list and click Remove to force log-out that user.
- If neither of the above resolves your problem, as a failsafe you can delete the Sage queue.dta file. This is the file that holds a list of who is currently logged in to Sage, if the above steps don't resolve the problem it's likely yours has become corrupt. Follow the below steps exactly to remove the file and force it to recreate itself:
- Ensure all users are logged out of Sage
- In Tradebox Finance Manager, go to the Sales Channel List
- At the bottom of the screen, click on the button entitled Delete Queue File
- Open Sage and log in, as any user. This step is essential before using Tradebox
To create a unique username for Tradebox to use
Open Sage and log in as the Manager logon. Go to Settings > Access Rights. Click New to create a new user. Give the user a sensible name; most people call it Tradebox. You can set a password if you like, though it's not necessary. Make sure the new user is set to Full Access to avoid problems with Tradebox accessing the various areas of your Sage data.
Note - if you can't see Access Rights in the Settings menu, you need to enable access rights in your Sage. This is done via a checkbox in Settings > Company Preferences > Parameters; see Sage's support guide for access rights and user logons for details.
Creating a new user logon doesn't require any additional users on your Tradebox licence. As Tradebox uses Sage's third party engine to access your data, in Sage it's essentially a 'free' user.
To log Tradebox in to your Sage data with the unique username
In Tradebox, go to Sales Channels under the Information heading. At the bottom of the sales channel list, click Change Sage Company. Choose your Sage company from the dropdown list. Enter the username you've created for Tradebox to use, and the password if you set one. If you use multiple sales channels all pointing to the same Sage company, tick the Apply To All Sales Channels box. Click OK.
If the logon screen disappears and drops you back at the sales channel list, Tradebox is now logged in to your Sage data using the logon name you've provided.
At any point, if you need to check which logon is being used, you can do this in the sales channel. (don't be put off if the Change Sage Company option doesn't show the Sage company you're expecting; the list always populates in the order in which your Company file in Sage is set up). To check, open the sales channel and go to the Sage Installation tab. This shows which combination of Sage company and user logon is currently being used. Repeat this step for any other sales channels you wish to check.
If you use multiple Sage companies for different sales channels, the Change Sage Company button within this screen will log in this channel only, so long as the apply to all checkbox is left unticked.