Sometimes you may wish to delete data from Tradebox. This may be because:
- You want to delete recent data and start again, often without affecting your settings, or
- You want to delete historical data from Tradebox to make the database smaller and the program operate more quickly.
Deleting Recent Data
Deleting recent data can be achieved through the Rebuild Data option in the Maintenance menu. Choosing this option will generate the following dialog box:
From the above dialog box the user can choose to delete different sets of data from either ALL sales channels or from a specific sales channel by making the appropriate selection from the Sales Channel drop down list. An array of tick boxes provide different options to delete different sets of data, as follows:
- Sales Channels: If this is selected, all other tick boxes are greyed out and become inactive. Deleting the Sales Channel will remove the connection, all of its settings and all of its data from the program. If the user has applied this to ALL sales channels, Tradebox will be effectively wiped clean of all data.
- Downloaded Orders: Deletes all downloaded orders from the program but retains the sales channel settings, as well as mapping tables.
- Product Mappings: Deletes all product mappings for a given sales channel, removing the relationship between the online product and the corresponding product in Sage Accounts.
- Customer Mappings: Deletes the stored relationships between the downloaded customer data and the corresponding Customer Account in Sage.
- Shipping Mappings: Deletes the stored relationships between the downloaded shipping methods and any Sage nominal codes or Sage stock codes the shipping methods may have been mapped to.
- Payment Mappings: Deletes the stored relationships between the downloaded payment method and the Sage Bank Account it has been allocated to, as well as the reference chosen to be used on the Sales Receipt (SR).
- Fees: Deletes any downloaded fees data.
- PayPal Payments: deletes any downloaded PayPal payments
Users may choose 1 or more of the above tick boxes.
Deleting Historical Data
Deleting historical data can be achieved through the Clear Order History option in the Maintenance menu. Choosing this option will generate the following dialog box:
The dialog box allows you to select a date prior to which ALL data will be deleted from Tradebox. By default Tradebox populates a date 30 days before the current date to avoid the possibility of duplicate entries.
After deleting any data from Tradebox it is highly recommended that you Repair and Compact the database to optimise its size and efficiency. This can be done by clicking on Support (top right hand corner of the program) and selecting the Repair and Compact button.