The following article discusses how to optimise Sage Accounts to get the most out of using Tradebox. This should be read in conjunction with the Tradebox Global Settings article. All advice is based upon Sage 50 2016 or v22.
If you are new to Sage Accounts you may also wish to read the Configuring Sage for use with Tradebox article.
1. Sage User for Tradebox
It is HIGHLY recommended that you create a user in Sage exclusively for use by Tradebox. This will remove lots of potential 'user conflict' errors that you will undoubtedly suffer if you provide Tradebox with an existing user's Sage login credentials. DO NOT give Tradebox the MANAGER username!! Tradebox connects to Sage using the underlying SDO (Sage Data Object) developer tools. Creating a new user in Sage exclusively for Tradebox will NOT count against the number of simultaneous users you are permitted under your Sage licence. It's a freebie!!
- Log into Sage as MANAGER - this is an important step
- In Sage choose Settings and then Access Rights. If you can NOT see Access Rights in the Settings menu then choose Settings - Company Preferences - Parameters and tick the Access Rights box under the Others section. Then choose OK. Now when you choose Settings you should be able to see Access Rights.
- In the User Access Rights box choose New and create a user exclusively for Tradebox; preferably something memorable like TBUSER. Give this user FULL ACCESS rights. This is important to utilise all of the features in Tradebox. Then choose OK.
2. Invoice List/Sales Order List
If you have configured Tradebox to create Service Invoices or Product Invoices you will only need to do this in the Invoice List. If you have configured Tradebox to create Sales Orders then you will need to do this in BOTH the Sales Order List and the Invoice List.
In the invoice/sales order list place your mouse pointer over the header row of the list and right click. This will generate a drop down list of fields that you can opt in or opt out of the list. The following fields should be included:
- Order Taken By - can be populated with the sales channel name in Tradebox.
- Customer Order No - can be populated with the sales channel order number.
- A/C - shows the customer account in Sage that the invoice belongs to.
- Currency Code - Shows the currency of the sale.
- Foreign Amount - Shows the foreign total. By default the Amount column in the list is always the GBP equivalent of the total.
3. Customer List
Go to the Customers section and right click on the column headers. From the drop down list include Currency Code. This will provide a visual reminder of the A/C currency which will be helpful if dealing in foreign currencies.
4. Bank Accounts List
Go to the Bank Accounts section and right click on the column headers. From the drop down list include Currency Code and Foreign Balance. This will illustrate the currency of each bank as well as the foreign balance which will be helpful if dealing in foreign currencies.