These instructions are for existing users of Tradebox One who already have the software installed and wish to upgrade to Tradebox V1.2. Details of the new features in Tradebox V1.2 can be found here.
NOTE: Check your current version number from the Support page in the upper right of Tradebox before proceeding. Upgrading from 1.0.x to 1.1.x includes a significant database upgrade. If you're upgrading from 1.0.x to 1.1.x we recommend installing the update, launching Tradebox One and then leaving the database upgrade routine to run overnight.
Important Note for Bigcommerce users: From version 1.1.180430.0 (released on 30/04/2019) Tradebox no longer supports the Bigcommerce Legacy API and you will be required to create new API details on each of your Bigcommerce sites for use with Tradebox. Other than the API details, no other settings in your existing channels will be affected. You can find instructions for doing this here: https://help.tradebox.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360027119511-Bigcommerce-API-credentials-
To update Tradebox One V1.2
If you have Tradebox One installed on multiple computers, you should run the update routine on the computer that holds your Tradebox database first following steps 1-9. Make sure Tradebox remains closed on your other computers. Open the updated program on the machine that holds your data first and wait for any database upgrades to be applied. Then uninstall/reinstall Tradebox on the client PC's following steps 5-9.
- Open Tradebox One and click Support in the upper right. Check the Program Folder and the Data Folder on the left side of the Support page to ensure these have two different paths. If the program folder and the data folder display the exact same path, contact Tradebox Support before proceeding.
- Close Tradebox One. You should see a prompt to backup, and you will need an up to date backup of your Tradebox data before proceeding. Take an All Files backup and ensure you check the Folder that the backup file is saving to. If you're unsure where to backup to, use the icon to browse to a location you'll be able to find easily, such as your Desktop.
- You'll see a message to let you know once the backup completes. Click OK.
- The Tradebox Data Service application will have restarted once the backup completes. Close the data service, which is found in your Windows System Tray, by right-clicking on the icon and choosing Close Tradebox Data Service.
If you have multiple installs of Tradebox, only one computer on your network runs the data service. Check the system tray or task manager on the PC you've designated to run the serivice and make sure the data service is closed at this point.
- On the PC you're updating, open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and end the Tradebox Application Service, this will be found in the Details tab (Windows 10 + Windows 8, click More Details if you can't see the tabs) or Processes tab (Windows 7). The process name is Tradebox_Application_Service.exe, right-click on this and choose End Task.
- Open your computer's Control Panel (hold the Windows Key + R > type Control in the Run box > OK) and uninstall the existing version of Tradebox One. This will not affect your data which is stored in a separate location to the program.
- Download the latest version of Tradebox One from the following link: http://www.tradebox.uk.com/_assets/bin/tradeboxv1.2setup.exe.
- Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the installer Tradeboxv1setup.exe to run. If your antivirus or Windows Smart Screen takes exception with the file, look for an 'allow to run anyway' option, which is sometimes behind a 'more detail' prompt.
When the installer starts, click Unzip to extract the install files to the default temp directory. Follow the prompts onscreen to install the updated version.
- Once the installer has completed, you'll have an option to launch the program. At this point there may be a database upgrade that needs to be applied; normally this requires no action on your part but some upgrades take a while to complete.
If you've got a shortcut for Tradebox pinned to your Windows taskbar, it's not unusual for this to disappear following an upgrade and be replaced by a blank-page icon. If this happens, it just needs to be refreshed. Right-click on the blank shortcut and choose 'Pin to taskbar.' Right-click again and choose 'Unpin from taskbar.' You should now be able to see the Tradebox One icon . Right-click on this and choose 'Pin to taskbar'.