On 01/07/2020 the German government is temporarily reducing its regular VAT rate from 19% to 16% and its reduced VAT rate from 7% to 5%. The changing of VAT rates happens from time to time in different countries. This article explains how to configure Tradebox to ensure that orders, dated either side of a tax rate change date, are calculated with the correct tax rate.
THIS ARTICLE IS ONLY APPLICABLE FOR USERS WHO ARE REGISTERED FOR VAT IN GERMANY AND USE TRADEBOX ONE.
(Tradebox Finance Manager user article; https://help.tradebox.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360010603337)
- If you have an accounts integration set up in Tradebox go to Configuration > Accounting and ensure the posting method is set to Manual. This ensures that only orders you select and manually post will be sent to your integrated accounts package.
- To manually post an order in Tradebox to an integrated accounts package, go to the Order module, select the orders you wish to post and then manually click on the Post to Sage/Xero button. This button appears in the order grid when Tradebox is configured for manual accounting postings. It is not visible if you have the accounting postings set to automatic.
- Use the filter control in the Order list to control which orders are present in the order grid and can be selected and posted to accounts.
- Manually post all of the orders dated on or before 30/06/2020 to your integrated accounts package. Don't post the orders dated on or after 01/07/2020 as they will have been calculated with the 19% tax rate.
- When all orders prior to 01/07/2020 have been posted to your accounts package, go to the Channels module and deactivate all of the sales channels that download orders from Germany.
- Then in both Tradebox and the integrated accounts package change the country's tax rate to the new tax rates. In Tradebox this is done in Configuration > Countries.
- The Tradebox and integrated accounts package tax codes are mapped together in each sales channel under Sage or Xero > Tax Codes.
- In the order list use the filter tool to only show German orders dated on or after 01/07/2020. Select and delete these orders. These will have been calculated with the wrong tax percentage (i.e. 19%).
- Go to the Channel module and reactivate all channels again. All of the deleted German orders will re-download again but this time will be calculated using the new tax rate.
- At this point you can change the Accounts postings back to automatic, if you wish.