The Tradebox One service can get stuck if the program thinks the service is still running in the background. This occurs rarely and is the result of background processes that interrupt the Tradebox Service.
The following instructions provide a full close down of the program and service, allowing the service to be restarted.
- In Tradebox go to Configuration > User List. If TRADEBOX SERVICE appears in the list, select it and choose the Remove button. Then close.
- Close the Tradebox program.
- Open Task Manager (right click on Task Bar at bottom of screen).
- Under Apps and Background Processes in Task Manager find and close any Tradebox processes. There are a maximum of 3 (although all 3 may not be running). These are Tradebox v1, Tradebox_Service and Tradebox_Application_Service.
- Then go to C:\ProgramData\Tradebox One. Look for files called servicestart.txt, servicestop.txt or backup.dta. If these exist, select and delete them.
- Restart Tradebox and login.
- By default the service is set to start 1 minute after the program opens. You can check this in Configuration > Data Service. You can see if the service has started by checking the activity in the Process Log