The latest build of Tradebox One is Version v1.2.210225.0. These instructions are for existing users of Tradebox One who already have the software installed and wish to update to the latest version. See our What's New? page for release notes on the changes in this new build.
IMPORTANT: Tradebox 1.2 includes some significant changes from previous versions of Tradebox One. All existing users are advised to read our release notes prior to installing. If you are currently using a build of Tradebox V1.1 or earlier you will need to contact Tradebox for your logon credentials after installation.
All updates are included within the latest build, so you'll only ever need one set of install files to update your Tradebox.
Note For Xero Users: If you are updating from a version of Tradebox prior to 1.2.210335.0 (01/04/2021) please follow the instructions here after installing the update to make sure your Xero connection remains intact.
To update Tradebox One
If you have Tradebox One installed on multiple computers, you should run the update routine on the computer that holds your Tradebox database first following steps 1-9. Make sure Tradebox remains closed on your other computers. Open the updated program on the machine that holds your data first and wait for any database upgrades to be applied. Then uninstall/reinstall Tradebox on the client PC's following steps 5-9.
- Open Tradebox One and click Support in the upper right. Check the Program Folder and the Data Folder on the left side of the Support page to ensure these have two different paths. If the program folder and the data folder display the exact same path, contact Tradebox Support before proceeding.
- Close Tradebox One. You should see a prompt to backup, and you will need an up to date backup of your Tradebox data before proceeding. Take an All Files backup and ensure you check the Folder that the backup file is saving to. If you're unsure where to backup to, use the icon to browse to a location you'll be able to find easily, such as your Desktop.
Note: In some earlier versions of 1.2, there was an issue that did not allow the backup process to complete. If you are affected by this, Tradebox takes automatic backups each time you close and reopen the software. You can access these by clicking Support in the top right hand corner and clicking on the link to your data folder. They are stored in a folder called Database Copies. If you're unable to take a backup, instead move the most recent of these copies to another location before proceeding with the rest of the instructions.
- You'll see a message to let you know once the backup completes. Click OK.
- On the PC you're updating, open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and end all of the Tradebox Processes. The following processes may be open; Tradebox V1 (in Apps), Tradebox Data Service and Tradebox Application Service (in Background Processes). Select these entries (if visible) and click the End Task button to close them (see below).
- Open your computer's Control Panel (hold the Windows Key + R > type Control in the Run box > OK) and uninstall the existing version of Tradebox One. This will not affect your data which is stored in a separate location to the program.
- Download the latest version of Tradebox One from the following link: https://media.graphcms.com/m2hZTRHSXq75Ra4Irg4Q (73Mb)
- Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the installer Tradeboxv1.2setup.exe to run. If your antivirus or Windows Smart Screen takes exception with the file, look for an 'allow to run anyway' option, which is sometimes behind a 'more detail' prompt.
When the installer starts, click Unzip to extract the install files to the default temp directory. Follow the prompts onscreen to install the updated version.
- Once the installer has completed, you'll have an option to launch the program. At this point there may be a database upgrade that needs to be applied; normally this requires no action on your part but some upgrades take a while to complete. Check the most recent release notes on our What's New page, we'll have specific guidance if there's anything unusual about the update you're installing.
If you've got a shortcut for Tradebox pinned to your Windows taskbar, it's not unusual for this to disappear following an upgrade and be replaced by a blank-page icon. If this happens, it just needs to be refreshed. Right-click on the blank shortcut and choose 'Pin to taskbar.' Right-click again and choose 'Unpin from taskbar.' You should now be able to see the Tradebox One icon . Right-click on this and choose 'Pin to taskbar'.