At the end of May 2021, Xero are making some changes which will require you to update your Tradebox version and set up a new Tradebox exchange account. Please follow the steps below to do this.
Important: Before you start, please go to Support in the top right of Tradebox, and check your program version number. If your version number begins with 1.1, please contact Tradebox support before proceeding as you will require some new credentials to update to install the latest version.
To Update Tradebox One
If you have Tradebox One installed on multiple computers, you should run the update routine on the computer that holds your Tradebox database first following steps 1-9. Make sure Tradebox remains closed on your other computers. Open the updated program on the machine that holds your data first and wait for any database upgrades to be applied. Then uninstall/reinstall Tradebox on the client PC's following steps 5-9.
- Open Tradebox One and click Support in the upper right. Check the Program Folder and the Data Folder on the left side of the Support page to ensure these have two different paths. If the program folder and the data folder display the exact same path, contact Tradebox Support before proceeding.
- Close Tradebox One. You should see a prompt to backup, and you will need an up to date backup of your Tradebox data before proceeding. Take an All Files backup and ensure you check the Folder that the backup file is saving to. If you're unsure where to backup to, use the icon to browse to a location you'll be able to find easily, such as your Desktop.
- You'll see a message to let you know once the backup completes. Click OK.
- On the PC you're updating, open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and end all of the Tradebox Processes. The following processes may be open; Tradebox V1 (in Apps), Tradebox Data Service and Tradebox Application Service (in Background Processes). Select these entries (if visible) and click the End Task button to close them.
- Open your computer's Control Panel (hold the Windows Key + R > type Control in the Run box > OK) and uninstall the existing version of Tradebox One. This will not affect your data which is stored in a separate location to the program.
- Download the latest version of Tradebox One from the following link: https://media.graphcms.com/K2PCHltaTyyLiRDA3CUw (73Mb)
- Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the installer Tradeboxv1.2setup.exe to run. If your antivirus or Windows Smart Screen takes exception with the file, look for an 'allow to run anyway' option, which is sometimes behind a 'more detail' prompt.
When the installer starts, click Unzip to extract the install files to the default temp directory. Follow the prompts onscreen to install the updated version.
- Once the installer has completed, you'll have an option to launch the program. At this point there may be a database upgrade that needs to be applied; normally this requires no action on your part but some upgrades take a while to complete. Check the most recent release notes on our What's New page, we'll have specific guidance if there's anything unusual about the update you're installing.
To Reconnect Tradebox to Xero
In Tradebox, go to Channels. Open any one of your channels and go to the Xero tab. You may get an error message like the below when you do this to say that Tradebox cannot connect.
Click OK, and, on the Xero connection page, click the Register With Tradebox Exchange button.
This will take you to our online exchange portal, where you will need to register a new account.
You will need to register with a different email address to your existing exchange account.
Once you have registered and logged in, click the blue Connect with Xero button, and enter your Xero login details on the following page. It's fine to user your normal Xero user as long as you have a standard level of access or higher. This will take you to a page that shows the permissions that Tradebox will need to access within Xero. Click "Allow Access".
After allowing access, you'll be taken back to the main Tradebox Exchange, which will display a token and account ID:
Copy these into the relevant fields in Tradebox, overwriting any existing credentials. You may want to make a copy of these and save it somewhere safe, as you will only see these details displayed once.
When you've entered the details, click the Connect to Xero and Retrieve Data button. This will open up some new tabs in your Xero settings. Once that's done, click Save. You will need to copy and paste your new credentials into each channel and reconnect them individually.