Tradebox One can import processed order details from Linnworks using the the Export Data option in the Linnworks Settings menu. This is done by setting up a Custom Export type using the SQL Query script created by Linnworks for Tradebox.
The export script will automatically generate a CSV file of processed Linnworks orders from the last month which can then be automatically published to the user's FTP server. Tradebox One can then be configured to routinely check the FTP location and import any new orders contained in the file. Any orders that have previously been imported will be ignored. These two steps in tandem allow for automatic unattended download of orders into Tradebox.
Tradebox do not provide an FTP location for this process. If you don't have an FTP server set up, check with your website provider.
Before starting this process, best practice is to create sub-folders on your FTP to report the order files to such as:
- Order download
- Stock upload
Automating the creation and publication of the Linnworks order file to an FTP location
- In Linnworks select Settings > Export Data
- Choose the Add Scheduled Export button
- Under the Export Type section provide a "friendly name" for the automation, e.g. Processed Orders.
- From the Type drop-down list choose Custom.
- Copy and paste the Linnworks SQL Query Script into the white box below and then choose Next.
- The next section provides options of where to publish the file to. Choose FTP.
|A note on Dropbox: Linnworks provides the option to publish the order file to Dropbox. While Dropbox is a handy tool for file synchronisation over the web, it's not directly compatible with Tradebox. While Dropbox is synchronising, it locks the shared folder(s) on your PC and prevents other applications from accessing the files stored there; this can lead to errors and failure to download within Tradebox if it's been pointed to a location that'll be unavailable to interact with at regular intervals.
For this reason, FTP is our recommended method for automated file sync. If you're not able to set up an FTP, the Dropbox method will only work if you export Linnworks to a Dropbox location and then manually copy the file from that location and paste it into your Tradebox In folder(s) whenever you wish to import orders.
- Set the following FTP options:
- The mandatory fields required are bordered with a red outline. These are:
Server is the FTP address of the USER's FTP. Tradebox do NOT provide an FTP location. This field should always be populated with FTP:// followed by the domain address or IP address,e.g. FTP://123.456.789.0
User Name is the FTP login name.
Password is the password for the FTP.
- File Name is the name you wish to call the file when it is published, e.g. Linnworks_Open_Orders.csv. Ensure you place the .CSV extension at the end of the chosen file name.
- Use the Magnifying Glass icon at the end of the File Name name field to navigate to the required sub folder on your FTP, e.g. Linnworks > Upload.
- The File Address at the bottom of the screen will show the full file path, e.g. FTP://123.456.789.0/Linnworks/Upload/Linnworks_Open_Orders.csv
- Under "If File Exist" we recommend choosing Overwrite
- Click Next
- The next section is called Column Mapping and displays all of columns of order data available. Leaving the default options as they are, tick the Export checkbox in the header to select all columns then scroll down and click Next.
- The final section is called Schedule and controls the frequency the order file is published. Click on the New Schedule button, which will generate the following screen:
- Under the General section provide the automation with a memorable Name and choose a Recurring schedule type.
- Users can then set a frequency. We would recommend a daily frequency which allows the file to be published every X hours.
- Then select Save.
Upon completion a schedule will be created in the export data tab. At any time you can run an up-to-date order export by clicking the Run Now button.
Once the automatic creation and publication of the Linnworks file to an FTP has been setup in Linnworks the next step is to create a CSV File Import channel in Tradebox One to automatically download and consume the file.
Mapping payment and shipping methods on Linnworks
Having payment and shipping methods mapped is not mandatory in Linnworks. If payment and shipping methods are not mapped in Linnworks they will appear in the CSV order file labelled simply as 'Default'. This removes the ability for Tradebox to distinguish between the payment and shipping methods used in each order in the file and reduces the functionality available to the user. For example, if the payment method is reported in the file as 'Default', Tradebox cannot determine which bank account in your accounts package the payment should be allocated against, e.g. Paypal vs credit card payments.
The following Linnworks guides will assist you to setup payment and shipping mapping in Linnworks: