This article explains the configuration settings available in a Magento Channel in Tradebox.
To access the channel configuration settings go to the Channels Module and either double click on the channel from the list or select the channel and choose the Edit button. The Channel is split into 6 tabs:
- DETAILS - Channel Integration and configuration settings
- VAT - Tradebox's VAT settings
- ORDERS - a list of orders downloaded from this channel
- SALES - Graph comparing last 3 Calendar year's sales
- STATUSES - Table mapping marketplace statuses to Tradebox statuses
- SAGE 50/XERO - settings for accounts integration
Note: There is a save button at the bottom of each tab. Clicking this saves and closes down the channel details and takes you back to the channel list. If you are amending multiple tabs at once, you can navigate between the tabs without saving. It's only necessary to click the save button once you've made all your amendments in every screen.
Sales Channel Name is simply the label given to the channel to identify it. This appears in reports within Tradebox and against orders. To change this simply overwrite the existing entry and select the Save button.
Currency displays the currency of the channel. This field cannot be changed once it has been established. A Tradebox channel can only import sales that have a matching currency.
API Connection Details
This section displays the API credentials used during setup. The web URL is succeeded by /api/v2_soap/ which is automatically added by Tradebox. More in-depth details can be found in the Magento API Setup article.
This section displays a grid containing all of the Magento Customer Groups and allows the user to apply a filter on orders to download based upon which customer group they belong to. This feature is often used where the user wishes to apply different rules to orders belonging to different customer groups, for example trade orders and retail orders. The Download column indicates the customer groups that have been chosen for download.
The On Hold column allows all orders from a specified customer group to be automatically placed on hold in Tradebox. This means that the order cannot be marked as dispatched or posted to an accounts package until its status has been changed manually in the Order Module.
If you add a new customer group to your Magento site, you can refresh the list by clicking on the Action button in the bottom right hand corner and choosing Magento - Get Customer Groups.
- Place all downloaded orders on hold: If ticked, all orders downloaded by Tradebox are placed into a status of On Hold. When an order is in this status stock is not allocated, the order cannot be marked as shipped or passed to an accounts package. Effectively the order is frozen until the user changes its status. This allows users to manually verify the order details before releasing it into the order management cycle.
- Create Tradebox Product Records: If ticked, Tradebox will create new products in the Product Module where a SKU in a downloaded order does NOT already exist. The product record created will only contain the minimum information required, such as SKU and description, and will not contain information such as price, location, dimensions etc. This is not applicable if you're using Accounts Software or None as your stock control method.
- Don't Update Tradebox stock levels: If ticked, Tradebox will not amend stock levels in its own database based on orders received through this channel. This is not applicable if you're using Accounts Software or None as your stock control method.
- Ignore Orders Dated Prior to: Allows the user to configure Tradebox to ignore any transactions prior to a given date preventing orders that fall before this date from being downloaded.
- Days to Download: How many days' worth of sales you want Tradebox to download for this particular channel. Tradebox will never download any duplicate sales, but it can cover old ground to see if any orders that didn't meet your criteria on first check are now valid for download, and also update order statuses if applicable.
- Invoice Date allows the user to choose the date to use on the invoice produced by Tradebox. The options are:
- Order Date - The date the order was placed
- Payment Date - The date the order was paid for
- Despatched Date - The date the order was despatched
By default, this option is set to Order Date. Payment Date and Despatched Date can only be used if they are provided by your site and the order is downloaded at a stage when they are populated.
- Discount Type allows the user to configure the type of discounts applied on downloaded orders which inform how the order is calculated in Tradebox. The user can choose:
- None - No discounts to be applied
- Order Discount - This applies a discount to the entire order
- Item Line - This applies a discount to the item, rather than the order.
- Order Number Prefix can be set to filter orders if you have several different websites running through the same Magento admin panel. By default (0) it will download all orders, but can be set to download only orders starting with the number entered.
- Get Price From: there are four potential pricing types that Tradebox can get from Magento, which are:
- Simple Product
- Configurable Product
- Add Both Prices
- Bundle Product
This setting is determined by the type of products you sell on Magento. By default, Tradebox is set to take the price from the configurable product, which generally gives the correct price for users who have both simple and configurable products on Magento.
- Get SKU & Description from: Tradebox can pick up the SKU and description from either the Simple or Configurable Product on Magento.
- Product Prices are Net should be ticked if your product prices present as net (without tax) on Magento.
- Get Customer VAT Number: can be turned on where the buyer is a business and the user wishes to collect their VAT number. This is taken from the Tax/VAT number field on the Account Information section of the Magento customer record. Turning on this feature does have an impact on the speed performance of the software as it requires additional API calls to Magento which slows the process down.
Bundled Products on Orders
Classically, a 'bundle' product is a collection of goods made up of other products, like a cricket set made up of bats, balls and stumps. This section allows the user to decide where to get the prices from and what should be displayed on the order.
Use Bundled Item Prices is ticked where the user wishes Tradebox to take the prices from the individual items in the bundled product, rather than the total bundle price.
Show Bundle Product allows the user to decide whether to display the Bundle Product description on the order or simply display the component parts of the bundle on the order.
- Don't Upload Zero Quantities: Tradebox will not upload a stock level of zero to any item on Magento.
- Upload Negative Quantities as Zero: If a stock level is negative, Tradebox will convert the stock level to zero instead.
- Upload Quantities for Bundles: Bundle products in Tradebox are by default excluded from uploads. Ticking this box will include them.
- For Sage BOM use Quantity to Make Up: If you're using Sage stock control and have BOM (bill of materials) products, Tradebox can calculate the number of BOM end products that can be made up from the component products, and upload that to Magento.
Please see our Uploading Stock Levels guide for more information.
The VAT section of the channel details shows a set of default tax codes for UK, EU, and Rest of World. The illustration above shows the default codes for a business on the standard VAT scheme. If you are using stock control in either Tradebox or an accounts package, UK and EU settings cannot be amended as Tradebox will automatically use the tax code on the product record.
All EU Sales are B2B: If all EU sales coming through this sales channel are business sales with a valid VAT number, this box should be ticked as it will instruct Tradebox to treat this sale as zero rated. If connecting to an accounts package, this will automatically use whichever tax code you have mapped to the EU B2B Sales tax rate in Configuration - Tax Rates in Tradebox.
Use Product Tax For Carriage: If you are selling goods with a mixture of tax codes, you may wish to select this option. With this setting turned on, if all of the products on an order are non-vatable, then no VAT will be applied to the carriage. If any product on the order is standard rated then the carriage will also be standard rated, even if the majority of the products are non-vatable.
For more details on how Tradebox deals with VAT, see our article here.
The orders section of the channel will display all orders that have been downloaded for that particular channel. It displays the following information:
Type: Displays either SO (Sales Order) or SC (Sales Credit Note).
Date:The order date. By default, this is the date the order was placed.
No. The Tradebox order number, which is automatically assigned on download.
Channel No.The order number from the channel, in this case, the Amazon order number.
Customer: The customer's name.
Value: The total value of the order.
Status: The order status within Tradebox.
Double clicking on any order in the grid opens the order in full. The grid can be sorted by any column and is sorted by order date by default.
The Sales page of the channel details shows a breakdown of the sales value for this channel by month over the past three years, with the option to view as a bar graph or line chart.
The top section of the Statuses tab displays a list of marketplace order statuses and the corresponding Tradebox order statuses they are mapped to. This controls at which status your orders will download to Tradebox. The bottom section of the grid controls which statuses are set to post to your accounts package (if integrated). To edit a marketplace status, double click on it and a pop up box will appear that allows you to choose what Tradebox status to map it to, and whether you want that status to download. To edit a Tradebox status, double click on it and a pop up box will appear that will allow you to choose whether or not you want orders with that status to post to your accounts. You can add or delete marketplace statuses using the 'Statuses - Add New' and 'Delete' functions in the Action menu in the bottom right.
This is explained in more detail here.
If you have opted to link Tradebox to an accounts package, you will see either Sage 50 or Xero displayed as an additional tab within the channel. This holds the connection details for your accounts package, and, once connected a new range of tabs will open up. The Sage 50 connection page is shown below:
For full instructions on setting up the accounts link, please see our guides for either: