Tradebox connects with Magento via Magento’s API (Application Programming Interface) which needs to be set up in the Magento admin panel prior to creating a connection in Tradebox. The Magento API is a standard feature of the Magento infrastructure so doesn’t need to be added or installed by a developer. In fact it’s pretty easy to do and can be achieved in a couple of minutes.
Creating a SOAP/XML Role
- In the Magento admin panel choose System > Web Services > SOAP/XML – RPC Roles
- Choose Add New Role
- In the Role Info tab create a Role Name and choose Save Role
- In the Role Resources tab change the Resource Access drop-down option to ALL and then choose Save Role
Creating a SOAP/XML User
- In the Magento admin panel choose System > Web Services > SOAP/XML – RPC Users
- Choose Add New User
- Fill out the Account Information form generated. Both the User Name and the API Key are created by you. You will need both of these when setting up the connection in Tradebox.
- Choose Save User.
- In the User Role tab allocated the User you’ve just created to the Role you created earlier, then choose Save User.
Entering the Magento API details in Tradebox One
- In the Sales Channel Setup Wizard in Tradebox, you will be required to enter the API URL, the API User Name and the API Password.
- The API Username = User Name created in step 7 above
- The API Password = API Key created in step 7 above
- The API URL = your home page
This may need to be followed by /index.php
- Choose the Test Connection button to confirm the credentials are correct. If this throws an error, double-check the username and password are correct and in the correct case, then retry with and without /index.php
6. You may find that Tradebox still reports an error that your Magento site does not appear to support a SOAP connection. At this point you should refer to your web developer; Tradebox One uses a different mechanism than Tradebox Finance Manager to connect to Magento, so even a site that was compatible with our previous software may require some work from your web developer to enable SOAP connection. Tradebox uses SOAP v2.