These instructions are for users installing Tradebox One on their PC for the first time. We recommend also following our Getting Started guide, which will take you through which elements of the software you'll need to set up, in order. Keep the relevant getting started guide for your profile open in another tab so you know which steps to follow next.
Recommended system requirements
- Operating System: Windows 8 or 10
- Processor: 3 Ghz or higher
- RAM: 4GB or higher
- HDD: 20GB free hard disk space
- Display: 1600x900 - 1920x1080
Tradebox One is a desktop application that needs to be installed on a Windows PC or laptop. Tradebox data can be shared and accessed across a local network.
Click here for full system requirements including our stance on installing on servers, other operating systems emulating Windows and accessing Tradebox from outside a local network.
To download and install Tradebox One
- To download Tradebox click on the following link; https://media.graphcms.com/gkP5LNZMQG6mXsGEDyQy (73MB).
- Once you have downloaded the installer, allow the Tradeboxv1.3setup.exe to run. It's not uncommon for your browser, your antivirus or Windows Smart Screen to attempt to block the exe from running; small software providers like ourselves don't have enough activity to end up on the whitelists used by Microsoft or antivirus providers. Look for an option like run anyway which is sometimes hidden behind a more information prompt.
- When the installer starts, unzip files to the default temp directory. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- When the wizard has finished, there's an option to launch the program straight away.
- On first launch, Tradebox will check your PC for some Microsoft redistributables and an MS Access data engine. If they're not present already, you'll see one or more additional installers appear. Follow the prompts on screen to install these necessary components. Then try to relaunch Tradebox; you can find a shortcut in the Start Menu > All Programs > Tradebox > Tradebox.
If you're setting up for the first time, our guide to setting up Tradebox One will take you through the program's setup wizard, which is the next step.