When creating an integration in Tradebox to a Shopify webstore you will need to provide Tradebox with:
- The Shopify Webstore URL
- API Key
- API Password
Your webstore URL can be viewed after logging in to your Shopify admin panel. If you click into the address bar at the top of that page, it is the website address that appears there before /admin. You can also view it by clicking your username in the top right of Shopify, and then selecting Manage Account. It appears in the Stores, programs and resources section:
In the screenshot above, two urls are displayed because we have two Shopify sites linked to the same account. You only need the url for the store you are attempting to connect with Tradebox.
API Key and Password
To create the API credentials you will need to do the following:
- Login to the Shopify admin panel
- Select Apps from the left hand menu
- Click on the "Manage Private Apps" link
- Click on the "Create New Private App" button (top right)
- Provide a Private app name (e.g. Tradebox One)
- Provide Emergency developer email = email@example.com
- Provide admin permissions as follows (you may need to click on show inactive Admin API permissions):
- Customers = Read and Write
- Draft Orders = Read and Write
- Fulfillment Services = Read and Write
- Inventory = Read and Write
- Locations = Read
- Orders = Read and Write
- Product listings = Read and Write
- Products = Read and Write
- Shipping = Read and Write
- Store content =Read and Write
- Ensure the Webhook API version is set to Latest (2021-01)
- Click on Save
- Go back to Manage Private Apps again and you'll see the Tradebox integration.
- Click the integration name to view details. Use the clipboard icon to the right of the API key to copy this, and paste it into the corresponding field in Tradebox. Do the same for the Password.
Note - ignore the Example URL shown on the API details page. The webstore URL in the earlier section is the one Tradebox needs.