When creating an integration in Tradebox to a Shopify webstore you will need to provide Tradebox with:
- The Shopify Webstore URL
- API Key
- API Password
Your webstore URL can be viewed after logging in to your Shopify account and going to your Store page.
API Key and Password
To create the API credentials you will need to do the following:
- Login to the Shopify admin panel
- Select Apps from the left hand menu
- Click on the "Manage Private Apps" link
- Click on the "Create New Private App" button (top right)
- Provide a Private app name (e.g. Tradebox One)
- Provide Emergency developer email = email@example.com
- Provide admin permissions as follows (you may need to click on show inactive Admin API permissions):
- Customers = Read and Write
- Draft Orders = Read and Write
- Fulfilment Services = Read and Write
- Inventory = Read and Write
- Locations = Read
- Orders = Read and Write
- Product listings = Read and Write
- Products = Read and Write
- Shipping = Read and Write
- Store content =Read and Write
- Ensure the Webhook API version is set to Latest (2010-10)
- Click on Save
- Go back to Manage Private Apps again and you'll see the Tradebox integration.
- Click the integration name to view details. Use the clipboard icon to the right of the API key to copy this, and paste it into the corresponding field in Tradebox. Do the same for the Password.
Note - ignore the Example URL shown on the API details page. The webstore URL in the earlier section is the one Tradebox needs.