Setting Up the Amazon Credentials
To integrate Tradebox with Amazon users need to provide the following Amazon Marketplace Web Services (MWS) credentials:
- Seller ID
- Marketplace ID
- MWS Authorisation Token
These credentials are generated in the User Permissions section of the Amazon Seller Settings page. A new email confirmation process also needs to be completed to activated the Amazon credentials.
Only Amazon accounts that are registered as a professional selling plan are eligible to use MWS. Amazon Vendor is a completely separate scheme, contact Tradebox Support if you're attempting to integrate a Vendor account.
- Log into the Amazon Seller Account you wish to integrate with Tradebox and select Settings > User Permissions. If you sell on both European and North American Amazon, you'll need to repeat this process in both versions of Seller Central.
- Under the heading Third-party developer and apps, click Visit Manage Your Apps.
- This will take you to the following page, where you should click the Authorise new developer option.
- You will then be asked to enter the Developer's name and ID.
The Developer Name is Tradebox. In the Developer ID text box, enter our Developer Account Number:
2269-3644-0136 for Europe
8511-8541-5489 for North America
- Click the Next button and accept the Amazon MWS License Agreement then click the Next button again.
- The next page will display your Seller ID, Marketplace ID and MWS Authorisation Token. You should print these off or save them to your PC for future reference. Copy and paste the credentials from Amazon into Tradebox - the new sales channel wizard for Amazon or Amazon FBA channels will require these. To amend credentials on an existing sales channel, double click the sales channel to open it, the credentials are stored on the left of the Details tab under the API Connection Details heading. The Marketplace ID will be pre-populated based on the regional marketplace chosen during channel creation.
Renewing existing credentials
If you've previously set Tradebox up as a developer and need to check or refresh the credentials, the Amazon User Permissions page doesn't give visibility of all 3 existing credentials. In this instance, you should use the option under Current Authorisations to Revoke Access, and then follow the above steps to create new credentials. You will need to replace the credentials in every Amazon sales channel in Tradebox tied to this account.
As of May 2018, the Amazon credentials will need to be renewed annually for Tradebox to continue working. This can be done in the Amazon user permissions page, where it will display the expiry date for the developer authorisation and give an option to renew. This renews the existing credentials, so there's no need to re-enter them into Tradebox.