- OS: Windows 10 or 11
- Processor: 3 Ghz or higher
- RAM: 4GB or higher
- HDD: 20GB free hard disk space
- Display: 1600x900 - 1920x1080
Tradebox software uses Winforms in it's User Interface (UI). These are NOT compatible with 4K Monitors, which, if used, will distort the UI and may make some features unavailable.
Tradebox support is free for all users with a paid licence. We try to support your Tradebox software end-to-end as far as is practical, and if we have knowledge in an area we're happy to share it. We are however not expert IT support or network engineers and there may be times that our support team needs to refer you to such in order to resolve an issue that is manifesting within your Tradebox software.
If your system does not meet our requirements, this does not always prevent you from installing and using Tradebox software. However, you may experience issues that we are unable to resolve.
Windows 8 or 10 / Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 or 2016
- Tradebox One is a desktop application developed and tested with standard Windows operating systems (8 and 10) in mind.
- We do not test on Windows Server architecture; while the software should and does run in these environments, you may encounter issues that we can't help with and we would recommend that you have local IT support available to you in the event of any problems. The appropriate Server operating systems are Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016.
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008 (revision 1), SBS 2008/2011, Home Server are not supported.
- NAS drives or removable external drives are not supported for holding the Tradebox data folder
- We do not support or recommend installing on Windows tablets or anything not resembling a PC or laptop with a standard mouse/keyboard interface.
- Windows emulation: If you wish to install in a Mac, Linux or other environment emulating Windows, the Tradebox team will support as much as possible. Be aware though, you are likely to encounter issues with which we are unable to help. If you don't run a standard Windows environment, please first ensure your environment is capable of installing .exe applications, installing/enabling Microsoft .net framework, and installing Microsoft's Access Data Engine.
Servers running terminal services/terminal server/Citrix environments that allow multiple users to be connected and working directly on the server at the same time as each other are not supported. These environments circumvent checks that standard operating systems make and allow multiple instances of the same application to run on the same machine. Running Tradebox in this environment will cause major issues including order duplication and should not be attempted.
If you are an existing Sage user, any PC running Sage v15 or higher should also be capable of running Tradebox One. For all users, as a minimum we recommend:
- Processor: 3Ghz or higher
- RAM: 4GB or higher
- 500mb minimum of free hard disk space (program files)
- 20gb free hard disk space (data)
Bear in mind that while Tradebox One is not particularly resource heavy to install and get running, the spec of your PC will have a very real impact on the speed of operations, especially as the number of orders in the database increases over time. If you're setting up a lot of sales channels or have a high turnover of orders, you should look to exceed these requirements. In short, a more powerful PC will provide a much smoother experience.
Screen resolutions 1600x900 - 1920x1080 are recommended. A minimum of 1260 horizontal and 780 vertical is required. Running Tradebox on ultra hi-definition/4k monitors may cause display issues at very high resolutions. Magnification set higher than 100% at the system level can also cause display issues.
- Local network (if applicable): 100mbps minimum. 1GBPS recommended.
If connecting to Tradebox data over LAN (local area network), or integrating with an accounts package that runs over LAN, the speed and reliability of your network connection will also have a significant impact on performance. Where possible, we would always recommend a wired connection rather than running over wi-fi, as this is far more stable.
- File sharing: Attempting to share the Tradebox data folder via any cloud system such as One Drive, Dropbox or Google Drive can result in unexpected behaviour and is not supported.
- Note that this only applies to the live data files. When you take a backup of Tradebox, the backup file can be moved anywhere you'd like and we'd recommend keeping a recent backup off-site on a memory stick or on a cloud storage system such as the above as a precaution.
- If you need order CSV files to be available to Tradebox from multiple locations or unattended download, you should use an FTP server to automatically synchronise the files. Other file synchronisation services like Google Drive, Onedrive or Dropbox can cause issues such as file locking and are not fit for this purpose.
- If you need access to Tradebox from outside your local network, you should make provisions for remotely accessing and controlling a PC or server that is on the same local network as the data (such as RDP, TeamViewer, GoToMyPC etc).