This article explains how to:
- install Tradebox V2.0 and network it on a clean* client PC, or
- Network an existing installation of Tradebox V2.0 on a client PC
*Clean client PC is a PC that has no installation of Tradebox One and has no Tradebox Program Folder or Tradebox Data Folder.
Sharing the Data Folder
Before installing Tradebox V2.0 on a client PC, you need to ensure that you know the name of the PC the Tradebox Database is installed upon and also the path to the Tradebox Data Folder on the Network. These can both be found by looking at the Support page on the main PC Tradebox is already installed upon.
The Tradebox Data Folder on the main PC needs to be in a location that is accessible to other PC's on the network (shared data path). The folder will need to be shared in order to achieve this. To ensure the folder is shared, right click on the Data Folder and choose Properties, then select the Sharing tab. If the Network Path shows as "Not Shared", click the Share button.
From the drop down list, choose Everyone and allow Read/Write permissions then click on Share:
Install Tradebox V2.0 on Client PC
1. Download Tradeboxv2.0setup.exe by clicking on the following link: https://media.graphcms.com/ (80Mb)
2. Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the installer Tradeboxv2.0setup.exe to run. If your antivirus or Windows Smart Screen takes exception with the file, look for an 'allow to run anyway' option, which is sometimes behind a 'more info' prompt. When the installer starts, click Unzip to extract the install files to the default temp directory.
3. When the files are extracted the Install Shield will guide you through the install wizard. At the end of the wizard choose Finish and the Tradebox One Set Up Wizard will open and prompt you to choose an installation option. To connect to an existing database, choose the 2nd option, "Install Tradebox and connect to an existing database" and then choose Next.
4. At this point, Tradebox may detect that it needs to install SQL Server before proceeding with the upgrade.
Click OK and allow this to install. After the installation has completed, you may be asked to restart your PC. Once the installation is complete, you will need to restart Tradebox.
5. To do that, open your start menu and type in Tradebox. The program will appear. Click it, and it will open up again at the setup wizard page. Once again select the option to Install Tradebox and Connect to an Existing Database.
The next page will ask you for the Database Server you wish to connect to and the data path of the existing Tradebox Data Folder. The Database Server is the name of the computer the database is held upon.
You can find both pieces of information in the Support Page of the main PC Tradebox is already installed upon.
Enter both pieces of information and click Finish.
5. The logon box will appear. Enter your user email and password and choose OK to log into Tradebox as normal.
Connecting an existing installation of Tradebox on a Client PC
If Tradebox V2.0 is already installed on a Client PC you can connect it to another Database by selecting Configuration and under the Database Maintenance section choose the Connect to Database button:
Enter the Computer Name the Tradebox database is located on and the path to the Tradebox Data Folder (these can booth be found on the support page in Tradebox):
Then click OK. The window will close and Tradebox will reopen at the logon screen. Log in as normal, and you should be able to see all your networked data (channels, orders, etc) within the program.