This article discusses upgrading an existing installation of Tradebox V2.0 to an updated version of Tradebox V2.0.
Only follow this article if you currently have Tradebox V2.0 installed and wish to upgrade it to a more recent build of V2.0.
The latest version of Tradebox is V2.0.240214.0
Before upgrading Tradebox One you need to establish:
- Your Tradebox logon credentials (email + password)
- Which computers Tradebox is installed upon
- Where the Tradebox database/data folder is located on your PC/Network
- Which computer is running the Tradebox Service
Installation folder, Data folders and Service PC location
Tradebox can be installed on more than 1 computer and run across a network. To establish where the Tradebox database is located and which computer is running the Tradebox Service click on the Support link in the top right hand corner of the application.
The Database Server displays the location of the Tradebox Database on the computer or network. If Tradebox is installed on more than one machine, the PC named here is the one that should always be updated first.
The Data Folder path displays the location of the other Tradebox data files. This should be different from the Program Folder location. If the Data Folder and Program Folder have the same location, contact Tradebox support before proceeding.
The Service PC displays the computer name of the PC that is running the Tradebox Service.
Take a Back Up
Close Tradebox One. You should see a prompt to backup, and you will need an up to date backup of your Tradebox data before proceeding. Take an All Files backup and ensure you check the folder that the backup file is saving to. If you're unsure where to backup to, use the icon to browse to a location you'll be able to find easily, such as your desktop. You'll see a message to let you know once the backup completes. Click OK.
Make sure Tradebox is fully closed
On each of the PC's Tradebox is installed on, open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and end all of the Tradebox Processes. The following processes may be open; Tradebox (in Apps), Tradebox Data Service and Tradebox Application Service (in Background Processes). Select these entries (if visible) and click the End Task button to close them (see below).
On each of the PC's Tradebox is installed on open Control Panel (hold the Windows Key + R > type Control in the Run box > OK) and uninstall the existing version of Tradebox One. This will not affect your data which is stored in a separate location to the program.
Upon completion of uninstalling the Tradebox program, go to C:\Program Files (x86) and ensure that the Tradebox program folder has been deleted. If it remains, select and delete the Tradebox folder. Repeat on all PC's Tradebox has been uninstalled from. Tradebox has now been fully uninstalled from all your PC's.
Once fully uninstalled, if practical, reboot the PC.
Install Tradebox V2.0 on Main PC
IMPORTANT: Download and install Tradebox V2.0 on the main PC that holds the Tradebox Data Folder FIRST.
1. Download Tradeboxv2.0setup.msi by clicking on the following link: https://tradebox-download.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/Tradeboxv2.0setup.msi (80Mb)
2. Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the installer Tradeboxv2.0setup.msi to run. If your antivirus or Windows Smart Screen takes exception with the file, look for an 'allow to run anyway' option, which is sometimes behind a 'more info' prompt. When the installer starts, click Unzip to extract the install files to the default temp directory.
3. When the files are extracted the Install Shield will guide you through the install wizard. At the end of the wizard choose Finish. The logon box will appear. Enter your user email and password and choose OK to log into Tradebox as normal.
4. Upgrade any client PC's that also have Tradebox installed upon them.