The 1.1 update makes a number of significant changes to the back end of your Tradebox database and also features a new look and feel to the user interface.
A database upgrade routine will run on your existing database the first time you launch Tradebox One following install of the 1.1 update. This will make three passes on your product table, so you’ll see the progress bar run from 0-100% three times as the product mappings, product information, and product details tables are updated.
This upgrade may take some time. If you have a lot of products and/or mappings it might be a good idea to install the 1.1 update, open the software and then leave the database upgrade running overnight.
Installing the update
Click here for the most recent install files and a guide to updating. It is important you do take a backup of your Tradebox data prior to installing the 1.1 update.
If you have Tradebox installed on multiple computers, run the update and database upgrade through to completion on the machine that holds your Tradebox data before updating on any other PC's.
We know nobody likes re-learning software that they’re used to using. The UI changes were made with three goals in mind; clear space within the program, as some screens had expanded over time and simply couldn’t fit extra options; future-proof for functionality we plan on adding over the next year; eliminate the most common causes of confusion for new users by moving or re-labelling the options that most regularly end up in users needing to call our helpdesk.
- Many of the existing tasks within the main modules have been condensed into the new Actions buttons.
- Routines like importing any data or mappings from CSV, export to Excel, batch changes are all within Actions on the relevant screen.
- Controls within the Channels screen for activate/deactivate all and setting channel tasks in bulk have been moved into Actions within the Channels screen. These are also still present in the right-click menu.
- Actions also appears within the sub-screens, such as within a sales channel, or in the product mapping screen.
- In the Orders list, the manual ‘Post’ button has been replaced with the Post to Sage 50 or Post to Xero buttons. These buttons now react to which orders are highlighted from the list, which was a common request from users.
- Use Ctrl+A to select all orders before clicking the Post To… button if you want Tradebox to attempt to post all previously-unposted orders.
- Standard Windows shortcuts of shift+click or ctrl+click to highlight multiple orders also work, as they do throughout the program.
- The existing checks (only post orders that have not been previously posted, only post for Active sales channels, check the ‘don’t post orders dated prior to’ date, check of an order's status is set as postable, etc.) all still apply. To put it another way, just because an order is highlighted when you click Post To…doesn’t guarantee it’s valid for posting.
- The Shipping screen now breaks orders into Amazon and All Other Marketplaces Except Amazon, as the Amazon grid contains a number of fields that don't apply to other channels. Use the dropdown in the top left of the screen then click Apply Filter to swap between the two.
- The in-grid filters previously accessible via the funnel icon on column headers have been replaced with the Filter button within the Orders, Products and Contacts lists.
- This also replaces the filter bar from the top of the Orders list
- The advanced grid filters within the Orders grid have been moved to the Advanced button within the Filter menu.
- Product Mapping and Upload Options have been condensed into the same screen, now labelled Mappings within the Products screen. What started as two quite separate functions had blurred over time to the point where functions were duplicated.
- The Mappings screen can be expanded to fullscreen and restored back down to its window using the controls in the upper right.
- Support has been added for stock uploads to variation listings on eBay, where the variations have different SKUs and listing IDs on eBay, but correspond to one product in Tradebox/your Accounts package.
- The Configuration screen has been re-organised into categories, as the old Preferences tab was, in practical terms, full. No options have been removed, but the Sage Mapping and ebay Feedback options are now channel specific and are shown in the individual channel records instead.
Other changes in this build
- Changing stock control method from Tradebox to Accounts and vice versa caused significant issues for a number of users who attempted this. Depending on the previous settings used and the new ones selected, a change of stock control method may now force a rebuild of the product list, at which point you'll need to import product records and mappings again. Ensure you have a backup of your data prior to attempting any change of stock control method.
- Global Product Mapping and Stock Upload are no longer compatible, around half the marketplaces we integrate with require a listing ID for stock upload and this is stored at the mapping level, which using a single global product mapping table can't accommodate.
- An option to Archive Orders has been added, which you can find under the Actions menu on the Orders list and runs based on the order date. Archived orders no longer appear in the Orders list, though their figures still count in your reporting. Archived orders are still present in the database and will not be downloaded a second time.
- Where eBay orders are fulfilled via the Global Shipping Program, Tradebox will now determine the tax code by the destination address, rather than the fulfilment centre address.
- When uploading stock levels to a website or marketplace that requires a product or listing ID, Tradebox will automatically exclude products where this is missing to reduce upload time and errors. You should ensure that your product records are up to date by downloading product IDs from the relevant sites. Affected channels are eBay, Shopify, Bigcommerce and Woocommerce.
- An option has been added to specify a customer account and a nominal code per country when posting to Sage 50.
- Tradebox can now filter Shopify orders based on Order Tags.
- Option in Configuration > User Interface to reduce white space on lists
- Refresh button added back into the Orders list
- Bug with quantity not allocating correctly on some orders from channels which are posting to Sage in a currency other than GBP
- Bug where Sage mapping does not transfer when upgrading from versions released before July 2018 fixed
Hotfix 2 update 21/02/2019
- Bug fixed with exchange rates doubling in Sage posting. This affected any users with foreign currency sales channels posting in the sale's native currency to Sage with Foreign Trader module enabled.
- Bug fixed with Amazon shipping address not copying to billing address fields.
The Hotfix 2 update was version 1.1.190221.0. This has since been superseded, see our What's New page for the newest version. The installer at http://www.tradebox.uk.com/_assets/bin/tradeboxv1setup.exe is always our most recent public build.