Tradebox connects with Magento via Magento’s API (Application Programming Interface) which needs to be set up in the Magento admin panel prior to creating a connection in Tradebox.
Before creating roles and users you need to ensure that the Magento site has been enabled to allow integrations. To create a new integration on Magento Admin click on System > Extensions > Integration > Add New Integration.
If your site has two factor authentication enabled (this is done by default in version 2.4.0 and above) you will also need to make a note of the Access Token displayed when you create the integration.
Once complete you will need to create a Role and a User for the API connection.
Creating a User Role
1. In the Magento 2 Admin panel, select System and then choose User Roles, under the Permissions heading.
2. Choose Add New Role. In the Role Information tab give the role a name and enter your Magento admin password.
3. In the Role Resources tab change the Resource Access drop down to All, then click Save Role.
Creating a User
4. In the Magento 2 Admin panel, select System and then choose All Users, under the Permissions heading.
5. Click Add New User. Fill out the Account Information form generated. Make a note of the User Name and Password that you enter as you will need these when setting up the connection in Tradebox.
6. In the User Role tab, select the role that you set up earlier, then click Save User.
Once these credentials have been set up, you're then ready to start setting up your Magento 2 channel.