Tradebox One V1.3.2202014.0 is the last public build of the Tradebox V1.3 software series. This article covers upgrading earlier versions of Tradebox One to this version. You need to be using V1.3.220214.0 to enable the transition to the next generation of Tradebox software, V2.0.
Before upgrading Tradebox One you need to establish:
- Which computers Tradebox is installed upon
- Where the Tradebox database/data folder is located on your PC/Network
- Which computer is running the Tradebox Service
This is also a good opportunity to clean out old log files and database copies from your data folder to free up space on your PC and increase the efficiency of back ups.
If you are upgrading from Tradebox V1.1 you will need to contact Tradebox Support for logon credentials after the upgrade has completed.
Installation folder, Data folders and Service PC location
Tradebox can be installed on more than 1 computer and run across a network. To establish where the Tradebox database is located and which computer the Tradebox Service is running on, click on the Support link in the top right hand corner of the application.
The Data Folder path displays the location of the Tradebox Database on the computer or network. This should be different from the Program Folder location. If the Data Folder and Program Folder have the same location, contact Tradebox support before proceeding.
The Service PC displays the computer name of the PC that is running the Tradebox Service.
Data Folder Cleanse
Click on the Data Folder path in the support page. This will take you to the data folder which contains the following sub-folders; Database Copies and Logs. Often these sub-folders may contain lots of historical database copies and log files that are no longer necessary. Deleting old entries in these folders (NOT the folders themselves) frees up a lot of space that assists in the back up process and saves space on your PC/Network.
Take a Back Up
Close Tradebox One. You should see a prompt to backup, and you will need an up to date backup of your Tradebox data before proceeding. Take an All Files backup and ensure you check the Folder that the backup file is saving to. If you're unsure where to backup to, use the icon to browse to a location you'll be able to find easily, such as your Desktop. You'll see a message to let you know once the backup completes. Click OK.
Make sure Tradebox is fully closed
On each of the PC's Tradebox is installed on, open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and end all of the Tradebox Processes. The following processes may be open; Tradebox V1 (in Apps), Tradebox Data Service and Tradebox Application Service (in Background Processes). Select these entries (if visible) and click the End Task button to close them (see below).
On each of the PC's Tradebox is installed on open Control Panel (hold the Windows Key + R > type Control in the Run box > OK) and uninstall the existing version of Tradebox One. This will not affect your data which is stored in a separate location to the program.
Upon completion of uninstalling the Tradebox program, go to C:\Program Files (x86) and ensure that the Tradebox program folder has been deleted. If it remains, select and delete the Tradebox folder. Repeat on all PC's Tradebox has been uninstalled from. Tradebox has now been fully uninstalled from all your PC's.
Once fully uninstalled, if practical, reboot the PC.
Install Tradebox V1.3.220214.0
IMPORTANT: Download and install Tradebox One V1.3.220114.0 on the PC that holds the Tradebox Data Folder FIRST by clicking on the following link: https://media.graphcms.com/KVpSw8WUSX2izACuVq2B (74Mb)
- Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the installer Tradeboxv1.3setup.exe to run. If your antivirus or Windows Smart Screen takes exception with the file, look for an 'allow to run anyway' option, which is sometimes behind a 'more info' prompt. When the installer starts, click Unzip to extract the install files to the default temp directory. Follow the prompts onscreen to install the updated version.
- Once the installer has completed, you'll have an option to launch the program. At this point there may be a database upgrade that needs to be applied; normally this requires no action on your part but some upgrades take a while to complete.
- Once this update has been fully installed, you can proceed to the installation of Tradebox version 2.