This article discusses upgrading to Tradebox V2.0. This is only achievable if you are currently using Tradebox V1.3.220214.0. If you are NOT using V1.3.220214 please go to Upgrading Tradebox One to V1.3.220214.0 – Tradebox Support. Where Tradebox is networked, you MUST ensure all installations are updated to v1.3.220214.0 before installing Tradebox v2.0 on ANY machines.
Before upgrading Tradebox One you need to establish:
- Which computers Tradebox is installed upon
- Where the Tradebox database/data folder is located on your PC/Network
- Which computer is running the Tradebox Service
This is also a good opportunity to clean out old log files and database copies from your data folder to free up space on your PC and increase the efficiency of backups.
Tradebox V2.0 uses an SQL Express 2019 database. This is only compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2016 onwards
Installation folder, Data folders and Service PC location
Tradebox can be installed on more than 1 computer and run across a network. To establish where the Tradebox database is located and which computer is running the Tradebox Service click on the Support link in the top right hand corner of the application.
The Data Folder path displays the location of the Tradebox Database on the computer or network. This should be different from the Program Folder location. If the Data Folder and Program Folder have the same location, contact Tradebox support before proceeding.
The Service PC displays the computer name of the PC that is running the Tradebox Service.
Data Folder Cleanse
Click on the Data Folder path in the support page. This will take you to the data folder which contains the following sub-folders; Database Copies and Logs. Often these sub-folders may contain lots of historical database copies and log files that are no longer necessary. Deleting old entries in these folders (NOT the folders themselves) frees up a lot of space that assists in the back up process and saves space on your PC/Network.
Take a Back Up
Close Tradebox One. You should see a prompt to backup, and you will need an up to date backup of your Tradebox data before proceeding. Take an All Files backup and ensure you check the folder that the backup file is saving to. If you're unsure where to backup to, use the icon to browse to a location you'll be able to find easily, such as your desktop. You'll see a message to let you know once the backup completes. Click OK.
Make sure Tradebox is fully closed
On each of the PC's Tradebox is installed on, open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and end all of the Tradebox Processes. The following processes may be open; Tradebox V1 (in Apps), Tradebox Data Service and Tradebox Application Service (in Background Processes). Select these entries (if visible) and click the End Task button to close them (see below).
On each of the PC's Tradebox is installed on open Control Panel (hold the Windows Key + R > type Control in the Run box > OK) and uninstall the existing version of Tradebox One. This will not affect your data which is stored in a separate location to the program.
Upon completion of uninstalling the Tradebox program, go to C:\Program Files (x86) and ensure that the Tradebox program folder has been deleted. If it remains, select and delete the Tradebox folder. Repeat on all PC's Tradebox has been uninstalled from. Tradebox has now been fully uninstalled from all your PC's.
Once fully uninstalled, if practical, reboot the PC.
Install Tradebox V2.0 on Main PC
IMPORTANT: Download and install Tradebox V2.0 on the main PC that holds the Tradebox Data Folder FIRST.
1. Download Tradeboxv2.0setup.exe by clicking on the following link: https://media.graphcms.com/i0AVmxisTM65PlBWkQCi (80Mb)
2. Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the installer Tradeboxv2.0setup.exe to run. If your antivirus or Windows Smart Screen takes exception with the file, look for an 'allow to run anyway' option, which is sometimes behind a 'more info' prompt. When the installer starts, click Unzip to extract the install files to the default temp directory.
3. When the files are extracted the Install Shield will guide you through the install wizard. At the end of the wizard choose Finish and the Tradebox One Set Up Wizard will open and prompt you to choose an installation option. To upgrade your existing database, choose the 3rd option, "Install Tradebox and upgrade the data from an existing installation" and then choose Next.
4. At this point, Tradebox may detect that it needs to install SQL Server before proceeding with the upgrade.
Click OK and allow this to install. After the installation has completed, you may be asked to restart your PC. If you see an error message at this point, that also indicates that you need to restart your PC.
If the installation completes successfully without you having to restart the machine, you will need to restart Tradebox.
5. To do that, open your start menu and type in Tradebox. The program should appear. Select it, and it will open again at the set up wizard. Again, choose the option to install Tradebox and upgrade the data from an existing installation. Click Next.
The process of upgrading your Tradebox V1.3 Database to the new Tradebox v2.0 database format will begin. This may take some time depending upon the amount of data in your V1.3 database. When the process is complete the last entry in the upgrade window will display, "Database upgrade completed". Choose Finish.
6. The logon box will appear. Enter your user email and password and choose OK to log into Tradebox as normal.
The main changes in Tradebox V2.0 are in the code and database and not the User Interface (UI), which remains largely unchanged. An overview of changes in Tradebox V2.0 can be found at;
Networking Client PC's
For details on how to install Tradebox on Client PC's and network them to the database on the main Tradebox machine, please read the following article; #4 - Upgrading Networked Installations of Tradebox 1.3.